Homemade Whole Grain Burger Buns
- ½ portion of dough from 100% Sprouted Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Divide your dough based upon how many buns you want to make. I divided my dough into six pieces, which made rather large buns.
- Once your dough is divided, roll each piece into a ball and place onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Instructional video here (skip forward to 6:07).
- With the bottom of a measuring cup or a large lid, press the ball flat, as pictured.
- Flatten all of your rolls this way.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes to an hour. Preheat your oven to 375F bake.
- Once they have roughly doubled or look about the size you want your buns to be, place in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Internal temperature should register between 200 - 205F.
- Once removed from the oven paint melted butter over the top of the buns for an extra savory and crispy crust.